Have you ever heard a special offer that sounds too good to be true—just pennies on the dollar or a list of bonuses valued at twice your monthly salary? Remember how learning the truth made you feel. Act accordingly the next time you create a special offer.
Step back and view it through the eyes of your prospective customers.
• Does your offer keep the promise(s) that brought them to your product page in the first place?
• Is your language clear and precise so they know exactly what they’ll get?
• Will they feel they are getting a good value for their money compared to its reported worth?
• Is the final price—including applicable taxes and shipping/handling fees—highly visible?
• Are you believable—avoiding statements like “I always over deliver” and “this one tip alone is worth the cost of enrollment” and other such nonsense?
• Are you creating the best first impression possible or are you chasing away customers?
Debbie Lynn Butler, the E-Content Butler and founder of AVA Professional Support Services, enables clients to save time and shine online with her content writing, editing, publishing, and online presence management services.
Photo credit: Debbie Lynn Butler