Do you want more people to read your articles? Answer these questions before you write a word.
• Who do you want to read your articles?
• What problems and concerns does this reader have?
• What questions does s/he ask?
• What keywords are being used in searches?
• Is your audience looking to hire expert help or to find a DIY solution?
• What do you have to offer? What resources do you have to share?
• How can you help this person right now?
Focus on the needs of a very specific type of reader. Empathize. Answer questions. Share your expertise. Offer help. Point to quality resources. Continue adding value in this way and you will get more readers.