What can you do when your business (or your boss) requires good writing and you can’t write? Use the same strategies you would use if you broke your arm (the one connected to your dominant, writing hand).
- Make an audio recording
- Create a video
- Do a podcast and have someone else interview you on the topic needed
- Ask for help from family, friends, colleagues
- Hire help
- Enlist others to write for you
- Dig up previously written material to tide you over until you are ready to write again
- Take painkillers that give you weird dreams and use your dreams as prompts OR as excuses not to write
I’m not entirely serious about the last one, but I do know the other strategies work as well for stuck writers as they do for the injured.