It’s official. By an act of Congress, March 14 (3.14) is National Pi Day. What are you going to do to celebrate?
· Have donuts, pancakes, or cookies for breakfast. Round things are even better when you remember that pi is a math term describing a circle’s circumference compared to its diameter.
· Go for a 3.14 mile walk (to work off breakfast) and look for pine trees.
· Invite friends over for a potluck dinner of round foods or foods cut in round shapes.
· Enjoy some pineapple, pizza, and pies of all kinds (apple, berry, cream, peach, pecan, pumpkin, even moon pies).
· Have a pie eating contest.
· Rearrange your furniture in a circle and play games. Play circle games like Duck Duck Goose.
· Test your memory and see just how many decimal places of pi you remember.